Play Parks Refurbishment 2023
Downton Parish Council are delighted to announce that the £250,000 refurbishment of the Play Parks at Memorial Gardens, Charlton All Saints, and Moot Lane is underway.
- Sunday 17 September (eve): the Play Park will be closed.
- Monday 18 September: Vita Play Ltd onsite for 3-4 weeks. Their employees will be wearing the full correct PPE. Noise will be kept to a minimum during this period (petrol driven motors will not be operated before 8am or after 5pm).
- Public Toilets will remain open, as usual.
- ‘No Parking’ notices for residents will be in place. Parking on the small stretch of road directly outside the Memorial Gardens will be reserved exclusively for Vita Play Ltd vehicles.
- Grand opening: before October half-term (full details to follow).
Charlton All Saints
- 25-29 September: installation of: –
- brand new and refurbished play equipment
- new safety surfacing
- new picnic bench
- We anticipate the park will be periodically closed during this period for health and safety reasons.
- The Moot is on Historic England’s list of Scheduled Monuments (Monument no 1011452). Accordingly, in August, the Parish Council made an application to the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport for Scheduled Monument Consent (SMC) under the Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Areas Act 1979.
- Once SMC has been granted, works may get underway – we’ll keep you posted!
Play Park Designs
The approved, final designs for the play parks in the Memorial Gardens and at Charlton All Saints can be viewed by following these links:
The inclusive, nature-themed design of the Memorial Gardens Play Park was shaped with the help of feedback from local families. Downton Parish Council wish to thank everyone who took part during the consultation phase of the project.
The designs will be on display in the Downton Memorial Centre on 19 September 2023 (6:30-7:30pm). A member of the Parish Council will be available to answer any questions you may have.
The designs will also be on display at these locations:
- Parish Council meeting Monday 11 September
- Parish Council Noticeboards
- Downton Library, Church Leat, Downton, SP5 3PD
- Pop-up stand outside The Co-op
The Grand Opening
This will involve a ribbon-cutting ceremony and fun activities such as face-painting. We’re working on it, so full details to follow.