Coronavirus National and Local Emergency Measures
Parish Council Update
There’s also a Facebook group setup Care Of Villagers In Downton.
The second national lockdown (starting 5th November) has guidance available here. Find out what support you can get, for example, if you’re out of work, need to get food, or want to take care of your mental health.
The Public Toilets and playgrounds remain open with guidance on for safety of users. For the second ‘lockdown’ the outdoor gym has been closed.
Tending allotments is still permitted but please observe strict social spacing and wear gloves when opening and closing gates.
The instruction has also been given that people must stay at home except where it is essential for work purposes – but workers should be trying to minimise all meetings and other gatherings in the workplace.
The Parish Clerk will continue to work from home and can be contacted Monday to Friday by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 01725 513874 between the hours of 10am and 3pm.
Please help us to limit the spread of the virus by:
- Taking your litter and dog waste home
- Respecting the closure of the skate park and outdoor gym
- Following government guidelines
You can only leave your home:
- to shop for basic essentials – only when you really need to
- to do one form of exercise a day – such as a run, walk or cycle, alone or with other people you live with
- for any medical need – for example, to visit a pharmacy or deliver essential supplies to a vulnerable person
- to travel to and from work – but only where this is absolutely necessary
Thank you for your support and assistance in keeping the special parish of Downton and the community safe in these exceptional times.
Remember – ‘Hands. Face. Space’:
- hands – wash your hands regularly and for 20 seconds
- face – wear a face covering in indoor settings where social distancing may be difficult, and where you will come into contact with people you do not normally meet
- space – stay 2 metres apart from people you do not live with where possible, or 1 metre with extra precautions in place (such as wearing face coverings or increasing ventilation indoors)
Latest Information from Wiltshire Council
Their Corona-virus web site contains advice covering:
- National Restrictions – 5th Nov
- Shielding latest
- Health advice and information
- Latest reports on cases, hospitalisations, status of schools/care homes etc
- Three Tier System
- Community Groups Directory and map
- Wiltshire Wellbeing Hub – see below for details
- Self Isolation guidance
- NHS Covid app
- Public health guidance for employers and employees
- Up-to-date information about council services and their availability during Covid
Plus links to government, Public Health England and NHS web sites.
Wiltshire Wellbeing Hub
Wiltshire Council have set up a designated Wiltshire Wellbeing Hub specifically for our most vulnerable residents to receive support and guidance during COVID-19. The phoneline number is 0300 003 4576 or email email@example.com . It’s open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm and Saturday and Sunday from 10am to 4pm